Delegate Washington is a fierce and tireless advocate for us in Annapolis!
Fight for and secure funds for Baltimore City Schools, ensure the money is spent wisely and invest in student and teacher success.
Safer, Healthier Communities
Champion solutions to stop violent crime, reform our correctional and detention facilities, create recreational opportunities for our young people, reduce environmental hazards in and around our homes and prevent condominium and single-family home foreclosures.
Jobs and Revitalization
Restore our communities by investing in local businesses, paying a livable wage and expanding adult education and job training that moves Baltimore City families out of poverty and into economic self-sufficiency.
Make state agencies more efficient, ensure workers have dignity and respect on the job and improve the housing and supportive services we provide to our seniors.
Delegate Mary Washington:
- Elected to Maryland House of Delegates in 2010 and reelected in 2014. She serves on the Ways and Means Committee, the Joint Committee on Children, Youth, and Families; and the Regional Revitalization Work Group
- Featured in Essence as one of the top rising black women politicians in the country
- Board member of the Baltimore City Commission on Sustainability, the Parks & People Foundation, and Baltimore Heritage Inc.
- Experienced as a community association president, a university professor, and a director of programs in city, state, and non-profit agencies
- Earned her PhD in Sociology from Johns Hopkins University
Here’s how Delegate Washington has worked for us:
- $1.1 billion for Baltimore City school construction
- Death penalty repeal, marriage equality, anti-discrimination laws and the Dream Act
- Sponsored nation’s first law protecting social media password privacy
- Stronger safeguards from electronic harassment
- Tougher requirements on rent-to-own businesses